On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 at 17:32, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Generally, if this was agreed, wouldn’t we have to split every footway that
> connects to a road for its last 2 or so meters, because that’s actually the
> road (in a model that takes the extension of the ways into account)?

That's a good question. I think it's useful to do so with steps,
because otherwise they're distorted too much (especially the very
short ones), and with connections of a sidewalk with a road, to
indicate that these connections aren't sidewalks. On the other hand, i
think it's less useful to do so for footpaths or any path or road that
connects with another. But i probably wouldn't prevent people from
doing so.

Regards

Markus