I totally agree. Soren and all others members don't disserve such comment. OSM is a project where everyone can submit its point of view and ask for voting. Even if some think they own the truth.

Having said that I think the main topic has not been adressed. For me contact is a namespace. I would prefer a proposition to say "phone key is a shortcut of contact:phone. (Same for email and others)". As such, they shall be handled the same." . And make sure osm wikidata handle namespace schemas ?

LeTopographeFou
De: luke.mar...@viacesi.fr
Envoyé: 4 décembre 2019 5:52 PM
À: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Répondre à: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Objet: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (contact:phone)

Hi there,

Disclaimer:
-I don't have much experience with OSM.
-I find the proposition of unifying the usage quite logical.
-Now that I've read some responses, I understand why the community could be against.

However:
I'm amazed at how harsh people are against Sören. He's been putting some time to help, and the reversal of the proposal made sense when considering the voters' explanations on the wiki page.

Reading a thread like this honestly won't encourage any participation from outsiders (myself included)
And I'm not speaking about the x-th response, the firsts were already aggressive.