Feb 7, 2020, 15:53 by pla16...@gmail.com:

> This list regularly suggests things like replacing landuse=grass with
> landcover=grass, and proposes that editors make the appropriate changes.

Vocal part of the list that seems minority to me.

> Then we give up on entirely sensible ideas because Carto insists on a "no
> synonyms" rule.  Which leads me to say, frequently, that OSM
> doesn't do joined-up thinking.

landcover is disliked by big part of this mailing list and iD devs and JOSM
devs.

Please do not make like everybody supports and wants
it and solely OSM Carto blocks it.

There were multiple attempts that tried to use OSM Carto map style as a
battering
ram to force this tagging style and I am getting irritated by this.

This kind of thing makes harder to decide whatever other criticism is warranted
or not.

If you think that there is broad support for landcover proposal - feel free to
start vote on the landcover proposal.

I am tempted to do this to get it finally rejected, but I feel that it would be
not nice.

> OSM doesn't do joined-up thinking.

Or people dislike this specific idea.