On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 02:05, Florimond Berthoux <
florimond.berth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hazard tag seems to be used when there is a sign, so I'm not confident to
> use it for doorzone.
>
> There is two choices :
> 1. describe the layout of the street lanes + cyclelanes + : parking lane +
> sidewalk
> then add the widt of the cycle lane.
> Data consumer can deduce if the lane is dangerous or not
> + objective
> + complete without feature tagged twice
> - harder to compute doorzone state
> - harder to tag (a cyclist willing to tag doorzone has to tag parking
> lanes and width)
>
> example :
> cycleway=lane
> cycleway:width=1m
> parking:lane=parallel
>
> => doorzone
>
> (I could add more tags, for buffer, but I keep simple as possible.)
>
> 2. just tag doorzone feature
> (opposite arguments +/-)
>
> example :
> cycleway=lane
> cycleway:left:doorzone=yes
>
> Before writing this email I was not pro 1., but it's only 2 tags against
> 1, problem is that you must measure the lane and that is little difficult
> (our eyes are bad at that).
> At the end if the two way of tagging is documented for doorzone I'm ok
> with both.

I agree there are the two approaches, both can co-exist. I think (1) alone
is a tad too fragile especially since if the cyclelane is a doorzone or not
depends on the buffer and layout, I think it's safer to have a tag like (2)
to specifically say the cyclelane is a doorzone.

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 15:33, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> but in the end, someone will probably have to add
> parking:lane=parallel as well, not? The second style of mapping
> nothing says nothing about the parking lane. Or does
> cycleway:left:doorzone=yes implies parking:lane:left=parallel?

Yes the parking:lane tag should also be added together with the doorzone
tag, I guess you could say it's implied, but it would be a pain for both
data consumers and mappers to rely on this kind of implication, better to
always tag it.