在 2020年5月10日週日 16:24,Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> 寫道:

> sent from a phone
>
> > On 10. May 2020, at 01:31, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you use amenity=taxi + vehicle=* you
> > guarantee that any carto which renders amenity=taxi will render ojek
> ranks
> > incorrectly at first, and perhaps incorrectly for all time (if they
> decide they're
> > going to ignore the vehicle tag)
>

> it would only be “incorrectly” if you judged motorcycle taxis as not being
> taxis. In this case, you should not tag them amenity=taxi taxi=motorcycle
> anyway (because if taxi=motorcycle does not describe a subclass of taxi
> this is the wrong approach anyway).
>
> In this discussion it appeared that some mappers see motorcycle taxis as a
> kind of taxi, like boat taxis and helicopter taxis, and others that see
> them as their own kind of service.

I saw one mapper who shared their view on why motorcycle taxi should be a
type of taxi, unfortunately I cannot see the rationale within the
explanation given by the editor. I think it would be helpful of the
proposal can be modofied and RFC be restarted so that hopefully other
editors who held similar views can provide a more easy to understand
explanation on why they think so.