Dear All,

I am looking for a way to create permanent links  to specific objects
(fountains and cafés) with images within our application ... and I have a
couple of questions.

How quickly do OSM node and ways numbers mutate ?  What percentage should I
expect to change each year.  If the percentage of ids mutates slowly enough
.. maybe this is still the best bad short term option ?

I was pointed to this wiki :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Permanent_ID

On the discussion page, it is mentioned that a solution is being targeted
for end 2020 . Will there be a tool to translate actual osm node and ways
numbers to the new permalink ids.

Apparently Mangrove uses GEO URI to create perma links towards objects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo_URI_scheme. How do they deal with node
repositioning ?  I could create a link name with first 5 latitude num
followed by first 5 longitude num... but as soon as someone moves the node
I would get a broken link...

Thanks for your help and advice

Best regards,

Stuart