On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:09 PM Mike Thompson <miketh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 11:57 AM Joseph Eisenberg
> <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > However, if you are talking about a paved multi-use path, bicycle path or
> > footway which happens to be 3 or 4 meters wide and therefore a police car
> > or emergency vehicle can fit, generally these are still mapped as
> > highway=cycleway or =footway or =path if they are designed and designated
> > for pedestrians or bicycles.
> It is gravel.  Rough width is 2.5 meters (I tagged it as such).
>
> > Do you have an example of a particular path or road which is debatable?
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/798886886#map=16/40.4656/-105.1320
> I mapped this originally as highway=path, it was changed by another
> user to highway=track.  I just changed it back this morning.
Note that this is a brand new  trail that just opened to the public
within the last few weeks.  Imagery currently available in OSM editing
software will not show the trail as it now exists. There was a track
there previously, and the new trail overlaid parts of it, those that
it didn't overlay are still mapped as "track."