May 27, 2020, 15:12 by fernando.treb...@gmail.com:

> I went back to this edit [1] before the wiki was changed recently.
> Back then, bicycle=no was simply defined as "where bicycles are not
> permitted." If nothing else is said, then nobody can conclude that
> "riding bicycles is not permitted but carrying/pushing is," it said
> "bicycles."

Yes, I agree that my edit changed definition of bicycle=no
on the wiki.

I did it because I am pretty sure that it matches real usage.

Checking bicycle=no vs bicycle=dismount usage,
lack of support for bicycle=dismount in JOSM etc
confirmed this to me.

>  This has been pointed out before. [2][3] In the same
> table, a distinction is made for values such as bicycle=use_sidepath
> and bicycle=dismount.

bicycle=use_sidepath is far more likely to be correct because people
using bicycle=use_sidepath are likely to understand purpose
of this vale

While people using bicycle=no may be utterly unaware that bicycle=dismount
and its planned differences exists

> That said, I do not oppose changes to clarify this situation.

I really hope that my changes actually match how people map.
I am pretty sure about that, but I welcome any comments of whatever
it was a good idea or not.