On 2020-05-26 19:31, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> May 26, 2020, 19:19 by f...@zz.de:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 06:46:11PM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging
> wrote:
> May 26, 2020, 18:04 by fernando.treb...@gmail.com:
>
>> Bikes may "pass" in two different ways: riding
>> (bicycle=yes/permissive/destination) or pushing (bicycle=dismount).
>> Bikes are only completely forbidden if bicycle=no/private.
>>
> bicycle=no does not mean that you cannot push bicycle
> bicycle=no and bicycle=dismount are de facto equivalents
> we have no widely used tag to indicate "walking with bicycle is illegal here"
>
> Is it that in every jurisdication a cyclist pushing his bike is
> considered a pedestrian?

Sometimes pushing bicycles is explicitly forbidden.

It is highly conceivable that some rules, in some territories, apply to
the bike as a vehicle, whereas others apply to the activity. Spot the
difference between "no cycles" and "no cycling". If the rule says "no
cycles", I guess that means you can't push it either.

Is it allowed to push a bicycle through a red traffic light, or the
wrong way down a one-way street? You are not cycling, but it is still a
vehicle. In the UK the law applies to "vehicular traffic" including
someone who is "driving or propelling a vehicle" and fines have been
issued...