On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 9:22 AM Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Despite the minimal difference the website does indicate that one side is
> the "top station" and the other side is the "bottom station", but that's
> probably not a valid source. Anyway, suppose they were both at exactly the
> same altitude. What's the intrinsic difference between top station and
> bottom station? The location of the drive motors perhaps? That would be an
> objective attribute that we could put into OSM (motor=yes/no?)

IMO, I think that tagging drive and return terminals is appropriate, but
the presence or lack of a drive is completely irrelevant to top vs
bottom—some aerialways are top-drive, others are bottom-drive.

If the British English (and thus OSM standard) word used for the facility
at either end is "station", I'd suggest
aerialway:station=drive
aerialway:station=mid
aerialway:station=return