> Data consumers see these hyphenated house numbers as one address, as well.

Is that a problem? An address range can be considered a single address.

> Create an address node for each housenumber and place each node somewhere
on the building outline (or inside the building)

I don't think that's a good idea, we should try to accurately map what's on
the ground, when the street address is signposted as a range like "1-3" we
should capture that as a single address "1-3" and not multiple addresses
unless it's signed that way on the ground.

> If house numbers are associated with individual entrances, tag those
numbers to entrance=* nodes.

Doesn't work when the whole site and single main entrance have the address
range.

> Separate the numbers by commas (e.g., 11,13,15) or semicolon (e.g.,
11;13;15).

Again I feel that's skewing what's actually represented on the ground,
which is a single address which is a range and not multiple addresses.

> Specify the range (e.g. 10-95). Note that there is a risk of ambiguity
between two meanings:
> When such a range is officially used for the entire house, this is the
preferred method. In this case 10-95 is simply a label like any other. In
this and other cases, house numbers officially contain a dash and are not
meant to be treated as special.
> When such a range is meant to be interpreted as a list of addresses, use
addr:interpolation=* (described below) to emphasise this. Some mappers will
add a short "virtual" way which allows them to put addresses 10 and 95 on
separate nodes as normal. Some mappers will specify the range 10-95 on a
single object, where the addition of the addr:interpolation=* tag
disambiguates it from the "simply a label" meaning, specifying that it is
indeed to be treated as a range. Both approaches are used in practice and
there is little consensus.
> Note that in some cases building or building complex has single address
such as 3-5 that only looks like a housenumber range. As usual, do not
convert such data blindly, without a verification.

I think this is the best option, since it depends exactly what's happening
on the ground.

I think the only reasonable alternative is to have something like
addr:housenumber:start=1 + addr:housenumber:end=3. Which is clearer that
this is a range and allows data consumers to understand it better.