Super relations could also solve problems like the Tongass National
Forest.  By crafting a relation of relations, you still preserve the
ability to have one tagged super-object represent one complex thing in real
life, but with natural cut points so that any consumer can choose to deal
with in in manageable stages.  No different from the 2000 node limit on
ways.  There should still be a top level object that represents the whole
thing.

I like the idea of an api limit, though we would need a strategy to deal
with existing large objects.