On 22/11/2020 18:12, Clay Smalley wrote:
On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:12 AM Dave F via Tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org <mailto:tagging@openstreetmap.org>> wrote:

    Contributing to the database (also *volunteers*) are expected to
    map to a certain standard. There shouldn't be a reason to expect
    develops not to do the same.

If it's so easy, why don't you write the "few lines of code" necessary to fix this issue?
I did. Note the response.
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3102#issuecomment-372455636

    Desiring relations to list in their entirety is *not* a "0.1%
    case". Splitting them into 'super relations' should not be the
    desired, final solution.

Amtrak routes, like many other public transit routes, are already split into super-relations (see [1], [2]).

Yes. I've done it myself on UK bicycle routes, but only out of necessity, due to the software limitation, not, as I stated, from any desire. It would be much less error prone with tags & ways being added to the wrong relations.

DaveF