I was sceptical at first, but after looking at the example, I understand the necessity for hikers. However, I'm not entirely convinced it classifies as a "highway", because there doesn't seem to be a clear way visible; you just try to get from A to B as best you can.

--
Sent from my Android phone with WEB.DE Mail. Please excuse my brevity.