I am a hiker, not a climber. I remember lots of sections I would have avoided
if the map had shown them as scrambles. More adventurous people probably would
seek them out. I like this proposed highway value. I would probably apply it to
the actual scramble sections, though, not including path sections leading up to
the scramble part. Renderers can then show the actual scramble sections. For
routers, it doesn't really matter, because when a section of a path is a
scramble and you use say a no scramble profile, the route over the path will
get high penalty and will not gain preference.

If a sign says a path will make you scamble somewhere, map the sign and the
actual scramble(s), that's what I would do.

Peter Elderson