Dear Asa and others,

Asa wrote Thu Sep 15 2022 23:38:40 GMT+0200

Imo, scramble would not only include via ferrata.

Unlike what I wrote yesterday, there is indeed some overlap of
scramble and via ferrata. There are via ferratas, that can be
hiked/scrambled without gear:

from what I see, highway=scramble would just "take over" a part of the
existing overlap between highway=path and highway=via_ferrata but does
not introduce new overlaps. Do you see new ones?

In fact, there's a big number of ways where I find it difficult to tell
apart between "very easy via ferrata" and "alpine hike with many safety
measures" like https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:safety_rope and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:rungs

Greetings,
Georg