On 29/10/22 07:57, Matija Nalis wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 16:43:07 +1100, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
there was a discussion about this, tap was seen as a distinguishing property
that is yet missing. Handle is similar but not the same (handle is the thing
you touch, if it is there, e.g. it could also be sensor based)
Sensors are not handles .. I'm thinking about it having raised the issue
on the handle discussion wiki page. I take my time with 'new' ideas
trying to get them somewhat right. I think the actuator is more
important than the 'tap'/'valve' and would give more information than
'tap=yes/no'.
there is also already existing/documented
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:actuator as well as
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:valve

and others (use taginfo link from wiki, and click on "combinations" to find
them)

Sorry .. wrong word!

Actuator in OSM is it the thing that operates it - an electric motor for instance.

Not that interested in that .. more of what initiates it's operation.. a light beam being broken can open a door using an electric motor as the actuator.

A handle that operates a toggle switch can do the same, as can a pressure mat, an RFID card, finger print reader, retina scan ...

The electric motor says nothing about what makes it turn on/off.