How is such a statement helpful in a tagging discussion? It can be said about
everything, I don’t tag it because I can go there to find out. If you are not
interested in tagging details, don’t engage in the discussion about these
things.

What I said is that I believe it is more important to tag whether the flow of water can be stopped or not than tagging specifically how it can be stopped or regulated.

You are misinterpreting what I wrote: I didn't state that such features shouldn't be tagged, just that I don't personally find it useful. I also provided an example of some people who might actually find it useful.

I do not like the aggressiveness in this comment of yours; I feel that prioritizing things is an important aspect when deciding what to do and discouraging people from intervening because they don't feel every single detail should be tagged is not a positive way to do this.

As an example: I might propose to tag the position of every single brick of every single building. This might be useful, but if someone intervenes by saying that adding the position of the buildings should be more important than specifying the position of the bricks I should not get mad at them. Their input is useful and will highlight the lack of buildings in the map; some people will prefer having all the buildings mapped even if the single bricks are not mapped.

I will not tell them their opinion is useless because they're not open to tagging every single detail that exists.

If I reflect on what I wrote "I can just go to the fountain and observe what I find." I then realize that the current tagging situation is even much less detailed than this. Prevalently it is currently (at least in this topic): here is drinking water, you can go there and see how it is provided to you. I barely can know there's a fountain there because of the overly fragmented tagging scheme.

Please let's not be ridiculous by assuming we have infinite resources and that whatever gets approved here will actually become a widespread and useful tag.