sent from a phone

> On 4 Nov 2022, at 13:17, Marc_marc <marc_m...@mailo.com> wrote:
>
> our "sister" project (wikipedia) has no problem defining what is an anecdote
> and what is "relevance from a historic viewpoint",
> I don't see why we should have any issue doing it.

Mappers are working fundamentally different from wikipedia authors, because
they are recording observations, first hand study, while wikipedia work means
working with sources. Original research is explicitly frowned upon in wikipedia
while it is at the basis of mapping. We do not have relevance criteria as a
hurdle for inclusion of things, we only require them to exist. I do not say
relevance does not exist, but it is less important for our mapping. We are
creating “categories” of things by applying tags, and I do not believe it would
be helpful to have different main categories for the same thing, depending on
its historic relevance, hence I do not believe redefining the “historic” key in
this direction would be helpful for the project.

Cheers Martin