On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 3:05 PM Matija Nalis <
mnalis-openstreetmapl...@voyager.hr> wrote:

> Also, if being advanced consumer with higher power limits, you ALSO (in
> addition to
> two things above) have to pay for reactive power too, according to
> cos(phi)
> (beware of those inductive loads like compressors in air conditioners /
> heat pumps!
> Cheapest tiers luckily are waiwed from this payment, at least)

Industrial customers in the US are subject to this as well.  We call this
"power factor."  Usually devices are used to bring the current and voltage
back into phase, but if not, the costs can be quite high.

> Or if we desparately need a change, then go with even more inclusive tag
> like "office=public_utility",
> and then use subtag (like existing
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:utility) to map details
> in what business(es) it is exactly.

This is a good idea.

> > In a nearby city to where I live, the city owned utility provides
> > electricity, water, sewer, and internet.
>
> Agreed, see suggestion above.
> Out of curiosity, do you know how is it mapped currently in OSM?

Just checked, it is not.

Mike