On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 19:08:11 +0200
Florian Lohoff <f...@zz.de> wrote:

>> Some of the issues could be handled better by the data consumers.
>> I.e., matching names of addresses and roads, routing to gates and
>> entrances in parks, routing to terminals in airports.
>
>This is an argument which is coming up all the time and nobody solved
>it yet. And IMHO this is unsolvable. There is no "one generalizing
>algorithm can solve this".

Agree, but there are things that could be generalized.
E.g., by using "entrance" tags or something similar on the perimeter.

Or route_to_here:motorist=yes, route_to_here:public_transport=yes on
nodes on the perimeter.

And then fall back to relations when e.g., you have an airport where the
terminal is not at the perimeter.

>> E.g., when routing from Tårnby to Copenhagen Airport, ORSM still
>> routes you away from the airport.  (at least what most people would
>> consider the airport)
>>
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=fossgis_osrm_car&route=55.6282%2C12.5998%3B55.6091%2C12.6510
>
>With this link you already are past the problem. There are
>geo-coordinates in them. Now its to late to correct the destination.

I know. That is why I mentioned the place names. As far as I know I
cannot make an URL with the place names in them.

If you go to https://www.openstreetmap.org/
press the "find direction" icon and put in
"Tårnby" and "Copenhagen Airport", this is what you get.