I read this discussion with interest (as end user) and ignorance
router-wise.

Some unsorted early-morning thoughts on this subject:

When trying to reach a destination that is defined by a complete address
(city, street name, house number or name) is that the last meters of the
route are, potentially,  much different for a
ciclist/pedestrian/car-driver/delivery-van/ambulance/...
One of the many problems is that we would need for any given address a
navigation aid for each of the potential means of transport.

I have come across one aspect of this when I noticed that Amazon Logistics
staff systematically changed access tags on driveways around here from
"private" to "yes" (or similar).

Micromapping correctly the last meters for all the different means of
transport is the correct theoretical solution. But is it practical ?

Navigation aid?
In Italy the house numbers are assigned to the pedestrian entrance point
for the house/business/shop/airport/...
Take an address in a pedestrian area within a limited-access zone in my
city.
Take car access. During the night the car access for drop-down is somewhere
in walking distance outside the pedestrian area, but within the
limited-traffic zone (which is not active at night). During the day it is
most likely a park-and-ride location outside the city centre.

You can construct many more examples.

Volker