I noticed that <c:param>'s in a <c:url> are added backwards.
So if I have:
<c:url var="my_url" value="http://example.com/script.jsp";>
  <c:param name="A">1</c:param>
  <c:param name="B">2</c:param>
  <c:param name="C">3</c:param>
</c:url>
It produces:
http://example.com/script.jsp?C=3&amp;B=2&amp;A=1

This isn't so good because I have an app that expects things
a certain way.

Also, I've found the whole <c:url> stuff to be a bit clunky.
It would be nice if it accepted body content, something like:
<c:url var="my_url>
  <%@ include file="my_host.jsf" %><c:out value="${my_var}"/>
<c:param ...> etc.

Right now I need to create some variables, and do
<c:url var="my_url" value="${my_var}">

But this is awkward if I have multiple urls, and the params are
the same, but the paths are different.  Especially so, since the
only reason I'm using <c:param> is that it url encodes strings for me.

Maybe what I really want is for <c:out> to produce multiple encodings,
such as XML, URL, WAP, etc.

-Steve