Hello,

  I have already searched on the Internet and this mailing list for an answer
to this error message:

  [Fatal Error] jstl::1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

  Most of the answers so far seemed to indicate that theres a special BOM
character that is "invisible" to most editors, that gets added to UTF-8 files

  I am struggling with this problem, I tried to change the encoding to UTF-8,
UTF-16 and ISO but none of them seemed to solve the problem

  Does anyone know of a "real text editor" for Windows XP, which will allow me
to see if there are any special characters before the prolog?

  heres my xml:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
<test><value1>valuex</value1></test>

  heres my jsp:
  <%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
<%@ taglib prefix="x" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/xml"; %>
  <head>
    <c:import url="test5.xml" var="xml" charEncoding="US-ASCII"/>
     <x:parse doc="${xml}" varDom="doc" />

  -Thank you