I have created a test war file: text_xml.war_temp and have uploaded it here
  http://www.latestdeals.info/dev_test/
  File should be renamed to text_xml.war after downloading it, and can be
accessed from http://localhost:8080/text_xml/

  I changed the schema in web.xml to
  <web-app version="2.4"
 xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

  Now, I'm not getting "Content is not allowed in prolog" error anymore, and no
other exceptions are occuring at <x:parse doc="${xml}" var="doc" /> .

  But when I try the xpath selection with <x:out select="$doc/test/value"/> I
get another error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xpath/XPathException

  This error can be seen from the WAR file specified in this mail.

  I think the main issue with "Content is not allowed in prolog." is solved, I
just had make everything conform to the latest JSTL and dependent
specifications.

In my main project I added Xalan.jar but still getting the XPathException

  -Thank you for your help
  Rashmi
Hassan Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Rashmi Rubdi wrote:

> ... but I still get the error
> SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Can you create a simple test case WAR that demonstrates the error?
If so, post it somewhere and we can take a look...

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Webtuitive Design === (+1) 408-938-0567 === http://webtuitive.com

dream. code.