I was also able to fix this problem:
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/XPathException

  by adding jar files from xalan-j 2.7 to
  Tomcat's common\lib
  serializer.jar
xalan.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xml-apis.jar
xsltc.jar

  I don't know why it didn't work, when these jar files were added to my
projects\lib folder

  If there's a way to specify these jar files in the project's lib folder
instead of in Tomcat's common/lib folder and make this work, it will help,
since I don't have permissions to modify Tomcat's common/lib in the production
server

Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  But when I try the xpath selection with I get another error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/XPathException

In my main project I added Xalan.jar but still getting the XPathException