u:
> sajolida:
>> u:
>>> sajolida:

I'm merging your two answers in one.

>> So I procrastinated for about one hour on removing the subtitle from our
>> canonical logo. This allowed me then to reuse it as such in the banner
>> and have the exact same version work on mobile as well. We're down from
>> 3 variations to 1!
>>
>> I pushed that in feature/smallCSSfixes.
>>
>> Tell me what you think.
>>
>> The ticket about removing the subtitle from the logo: #14835.
>> But I'll raise the issue on tails-project@ as well.
>>
>> And regarding your branch, I'm fine merging it once we agree on
>> something regarding the logo (or even before if you think it will be a
>> complicated discussion).
>
> I find it quite problematic to have this discussion now :( I really
> don't want this to stop us from launching our donation campaign. So
> let's please not do that.

Ok, so I'm backing off. It was pretentious to me to think that my
modifications to the logo would be easier to approve than yours :)

I push --force (yeah!) a new version of the branch to origin without
these changes.

> It's been way too complicated already to make
> some tiny CSS fixes. Not only is my build wiki setup problematic, but
> every time we start moving something somewhere, new issues come up, and
> ground discussions are ignited which makes it very very hard for me to
> keep my motivation when waiting and working for over three weeks to get
> some lines of CSS merged.

Yeap. As a workflow recommendation, it's good to always be careful about
what kind of changes can be controversial (hint: logo!), and keep an eye
on which branch is blocking which. Here for example you could probably
have move the more controversial (and not strictly necessary for the
donation campaign) changes in a separate branch.

CSS is notoriously painful to work with in the project because nobody
likes it, our CSS are super messy, ikiwiki is crap in this regard, etc.
It's shitty, I know...

>> So I procrastinated for about one hour on removing the subtitle from
>> our canonical logo. This allowed me then to reuse it as such in the
>> banner and have the exact same version work on mobile as well. We're
>> down from 3 variations to 1!
>>
>> I pushed that in feature/smallCSSfixes.
>>
>> Tell me what you think.
>
> I think it's nice BUT there needs to be more space on top and bottom.
> Stuff needs to breathe.. So please don't add a padding or anything,
> because this will break other stuff I did in the donation banner
> branch, but instead make the image slightly smaller.
>
> Now it's 100px in height and the the whole banner is 114px high. I
> think we need at least 10-15px on top and below, so the logo should
> not be higher than 90px.
>
> Also, what I find weird is that the USB stick is not horizontally
> aligned with the text. You see, the stick is higher than the T and
> lower too. I can live with this.
>
> But I can't live with the missing breathing space.

I'm backing off of this proposal, so I'll instead move these comments of
yours out to #14835 (and away from the donation campaign) and will work
on this more "at some point".

Still, I made a commit on top of your branch to remove the subtitle in
your logo_mobile.png which was the image that I found problematic and
that ignited the ground. After starting the discussion on #14835, I
understand that removing the subtitle in the banner is not very
controversial, so doing this on the mobile version for now is, I
believe, the minimal change that we can do to fix the original issue you
raised, and at the same time, avoid having too many versions of the logo
proliferate, and not introduce too small text.

Again, if this proposal is controversial for you, please ignore it and
merge your branch as of fd6c6b2d86 as soon as you want.

>> And regarding your branch, I'm fine merging it once we agree on
>> something regarding the logo (or even before if you think it will be
>> a complicated discussion).
>>
>> Still, I spotted one little detail (see attachment): in the Farsi
>> version the search box is much taller. I narrowed the problem down to
>> having a bigger line-height in the input field in there (34px instead
>> of 22px reported by Tor Browser). Then I couldn't see where this was
>> coming from... But I think we can ignore that, unless you find a
>> quick way of solving it.
>
> I cannot confirm that I see this. And I think you did not push your
> modification.

My modification was only on the logo and the Farsi bug was already
present in your branch (at least on my machine).

> Please note that in the donation banner branch I did some other
> modifications, like giving a unit to the line-height on body. Which
> was actually never taken into account... because of the missing unit
> :) ANd I think this fixes quite a lot of stuff.

Maybe that's it! Anyway, if you don't see it on your machine and since
it's a minor detail I think we can skip that and see what happens once
this branch is merged ;)