All,

I believe hiding Tails' UI would prove too resource intensive and ultimately
futile. It just can't be done and maintained well enough to fool sharp-eyed
observers. After all, the first thing a passer-by does is study your screen.
It's human nature and very hard to resist.

Tails users could however benefit greatly from a simple slideshow screen saver
that can be invoked instantly. Tails could ship with a few uninteresting
"stock" images and provide users the option of adding more. Once invoked, Tails
could not be distinguished from Windows. Screen locking would remain dependent
upon setting an admin password.

regards,
alienpup