>> AFAIK it is only lat, long and elevation data.  How
>> did you enter the name
>> and surface tags for the ways.  The source tag is the
>> same.

> GPX files can contain a lot of data and meta data, the schema for GPX 1.1
> can be found here: http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1

Well aware of that, I've been using them for osm uploads for 2-3years.
However osm only uses a very limited set so lat, long and elev are all
that is currently used by osm, you have to enter all other tags manually.

Have a read of some of the info here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=gpx

>> I could say something like that's google and not osm but
>>
>> have a look at the roundabouts below:
>
> I've drawn, probably wrong, at least one round about already, but that
> isn't what I meant, I meant for uniform round abouts a few different round
> about sizes would make less work for people.
>
>> Your gpx files should give you the correct sizes to make
>> the roundabouts.
>
> GPS can be a car width or more wrong, although the more GPS tracks you can
> start applying averaging etc.

But it still will give you a good indication on how big to draw the
roundabout.

Most of this stuff is in the wiki you just need to have a read through it.

--
Cheers
Ross