> --- On Wed, 20/5/09, Ross Scanlon <i...@4x4falcon.com> wrote:
>
>> Well aware of that, I've been using them for osm uploads
>> for 2-3years.
>> However osm only uses a very limited set so lat, long and
>> elev are all
>> that is currently used by osm, you have to enter all other
>> tags manually.
>
> After trawling for a bit I came across this:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Surveyor
>
> Pity they didn't document what they did specifically.

I've tried something like this in the car but daylight is too bright to
see anything on the computer screen, and my sunglasses don't have a
reading correction built in.
It might work in gloomy Uk, but not Oz in midsummer.
If you want to see where your track goes on an OSM map as you travel, then
tangogps will show you - its great for showing your position and the
existing map.
You wouldn't want to make that into ways - it would contain too many
points and doublebacks.
Liz