On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir
<maxi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Liz <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:
> > There has been a great number of mails on osmf-talk about an upcoming
> vote on
> > the database licence.
> But no notice on the site or wiki. I suppose it isn't "official"
> discussion.
>
> It is official.  The vote is for members of the OSM Foundation, not for
ordinary contributors.

The OSM Foundation can't "force" anyone to relicense their existing data
but...

...the OSM Foundation owns the servers that run the site and if the change
is approved then they will stop accepting contributions on that site unless
you agree to the new terms (the OSMF Contributor Terms).

This is likely to be disruptive.

80n