On 8 June 2010 13:31, Neil Penman <ianaf4...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Only the vast majority of these were not sourced from Nearmap (except in some
> of the country areas not previously covered by Yahoo).  They may have been
> updated by somebody using nearmap imagery, mostly trivial changes, but they
> would have been originally created via survey or from Yahoo. Certainly names
> would not have been sourced from nearmap.  Wouldn't it would make more sense
> if the source tag was only applied to changesets?  Even that is not ideal as
> in one changeset multiple sources could  be used, ie survey for names,
> nearmap for layout.

The vast majority of the information I personally sourced as nearmap
has been new content, and not just in regional areas there completely
new suburbs that weren't built when yahoo imagery was taken, or I
added source:location=* tags, I disagree about only setting source as
part of the changeset tags, while nearmap imagery might be used for
locations it isn't used for naming etc.