On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:59 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 September 2010 03:48, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:

>> Legal argument aside.  Frankly it makes my head hurt.  If a vendor
>> decides to stop allowing OSM use of their resources, we should say
>> "Thanks for what you did contribute, and fare well."
>
> In this case it is OSM that is changing the rules of the game, not
> Nearmap, if it was the other way round I'd be much more inclined to
> agree with you.

NearMap have requested that their imagery not be available in
Potlatch, and have changed their license on their web site to remove
explicit permission for OpenStreetMap.  That is their right and their
decision.

They have the right to end their support or to withhold it while
negotiations continue then reinstate it.  That doesn't make NearMap
bad.  This isn't a competition with a winner and loser.  The fact is
that NearMap don't want OSM users using their imagery right now.  So
we shouldn't.