On 7 April 2011 00:37, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 22:09 +1000, Michael Hampson wrote:
>> So is Phase 4 the end for those that don't agree? What happens to the
>> data if we don't agree? and the data built on top of that data?
>
> Well, it depends what you read.  According to the wiki, stage 4 is when
> OSM asks the community what will should happen for those who havent
> accepted the licence.  One has to wonder if any of the comments from the
> past year or two will be taken into account when those in power decide
> to ask us mere mushrooms what we think.
>
>> > For clarity:
>> >
>> > - This will only affect (77,000) contributors who registered before
>> > May 2010 and who have not accepted the new terms as part of the
>> > voluntary re-licensing program.
>
> For clarity: (according to odbl.de)
> In Australia:
> - This will remove 57% of users
> - This will remove 67% of nodes, 66% of ways and 86% of relations
>
> In UK:
> - This will remove 65% of users
> - This will remove 40% of nodes, 40% of ways and 10% of relations
>
> In Europe:
> - This will remove 61% of users
> - This will remove 20% of nodes, 20% of ways and 15% of relations

For pete's sake! Stop making up blatantly untrue stuff.
Those are likely the precentages if we moved *today* without even
formally contacting/emailing anyone.

> It is fairly clear that the Australian issue has very little value to
> those in Europe in control of the project at the moment.  The fact that
> the number of users lost is in the same ballpark while the amount of
> data lost is significantly higher in our part of the world, seems to
> show the regions and the users whos interests they are looking out for.

Please stop making grossly untrue statements.

>> > - Once a contributor has Accepted/Declined the new terms, they may
>> > continue editting normally.  Even if they decline, they may continue
>> > editting normally until and if Phase 4 kicks in.
>
> Maybe I missed the announcement, but is there now an option to record
> that you decline the licence?

Read the original mail that Mike posted to the DEV mailinglist... it
is about planning the changes to the editor software before main
announcements.

Regards
 Grant