On 9 April 2011 09:09, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 April 2011 20:47, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8 April 2011 16:58, Ian Sergeant <inas66+...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Despite your attempts to sidetrack this discussion from the your data
>>> import to some wider OSM licencing issue, I won't be sidetracked here.
>>
>> The problem is no one seems to want to answer the hard questions,
>> everyone that should be dealing with these issues just seem to want to
>> ignore them and hope they stopped being asked. I don't wish to seem to
>> be picking on you personally, however someone needs to man up and take
>> responsibility for their choices or change where OSM-F is headed if
>> the positions are unsupportable with facts.
>>

> And the silence continues. As I said before Ian, I'm not personally
> looking to pick on you or anyone for that matter, but those that made
> specific choices don't think they should justify themselves and give
> straight answers to straight questions.

It's starting to become painfully obvious that OSM-F wouldn't be able
to organise a piss up in a brewery, and there seems to be little or no
chance  that they can actually pull off the license change over in
some kind of demotactic, moral and smooth change over so I'm basically
writing them off for all future edits as a complete waste of time.

A couple of us are toying about with what to do next, fosm.org seems
the most suitable at present since the idea is to continue on with
CC-by-SA licenses, although there is still debate over which CC-by-SA
license due to issues with the European Database Directive, but that
doesn't have any effect on us in Australia until and unless the
Australian government decides to do something similar if Telstra et al
push now that copyright doesn't protect their data.

What do others think, or have planned if OSM-F keeps heading into the
lost cause territory?