On 15/11/2011 11:58, 80n wrote:
Can you please publish the verbatim correspondence that you have had with your man at data.gov.au <http://data.gov.au>? Your interpretation is fine, but others may see nuances that you have overlooked.

The statement on the wiki is not a statement from data.gov.au <http://data.gov.au> and counts for nothing unless you have a document from your man at data.gov.au <http://data.gov.au> that references it and says yes that's ok. Do you have such a document?

Gosh, this is getting kakfaesque. Hope this puts this it to bed:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission and copied below in response to my request today, also copied below.

Mike
-------------------------------------

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

The attribution statement

“Contains data from Australian government public information datasets. The original datasets are available from the Australian government data website <http://data.gov.au/> under Creative Commons - Attribution 2.5 Australia (CC-BY) <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/> and Creative Commons - Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC-BY) <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>. We have also been given explicit permission to incorporate and publish such CC-BY licensed geographic coordinate datasets under a free and open license, including the Open Database License, provided that primary attribution is made here and that each dataset used is also listed here in the format /Dataset Name, Date Published, License, Agency Name, originally retrieved from// //http://data.australia.gov.au/ <http://data.australia.gov.au/>: “

accurately reflects what we have said.

Regards,

Data.gov.au team.
Thanks for your email of 19th October. I am rather embarrassed to do this but may I ask to you give a more formal assent to satisfy some of our map data contributors and that I can publish?

May be: "The attribution statement

[...]

Michael Collinson
OpenStreetMap Foundation