From: Michael Collinson [mailto:m...@ayeltd.biz]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 November 2011 2:34 AM
To: OSM Australian Talk List
Subject: Re: [talk-au] ODbL data.gov.au permission granted

On 15/11/2011 11:58, 80n wrote:

Can you please publish the verbatim correspondence that you have had with
your man at data.gov.au?  Your interpretation is fine, but others may see
nuances that you have overlooked.

The statement on the wiki is not a statement from data.gov.au and counts for
nothing unless you have a document from your man at data.gov.au that
references it and says yes that's ok.  Do you have such a document?

Gosh, this is getting kakfaesque. Hope this puts this it to bed:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permissi
on and copied below in response to my request today, also copied below.

Mike
-------------------------------------

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

The attribution statement

"Contains data from Australian government public information datasets. The
original datasets are available from the <http://data.gov.au/>  Australian
government data website under
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/>  Creative Commons -
Attribution 2.5 Australia (CC-BY) and
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>  Creative Commons -
Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC-BY). We have also been given explicit
permission to incorporate and publish such CC-BY licensed geographic
coordinate datasets under a free and open license, including the Open
Database License, provided that primary attribution is made here and that
each dataset used is also listed here in the format Dataset Name, Date
Published, License, Agency Name, originally retrieved from
<http://data.australia.gov.au/>  http://data.australia.gov.au: "

accurately reflects what we have said.

Regards,

Data.gov.au team.
Thanks for your email of 19th October.   I am rather embarrassed to do this
but may I ask to you give a more formal assent to satisfy some of our map
data contributors and that I can publish?

May be: "The attribution statement

[...]

Michael Collinson
OpenStreetMap Foundation