On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 18:02 +1000, Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Nick Hocking
> <nick.hock...@gmail.com>

> ....(sensible statements about house numbers)....

>         I definitely think that road names must NOT be imported but
>         added individually, where current osm data and bing imagery
>         indicate that there really is a road (currently OSM unamed)
>         there.
> Yeah. I'm still deciding what to do about places where Vicmap shows a
> track in the bush that can't be seen on any imagery - probably because
> the vegetation is too dense.

Guys, can I respectfully suggest that source=survey ? Vicmaps (and
others) sometimes show roads that have been closed, land sold off etc.
Those roads will show up in imagery because the car tracks last a long
time on the ground. Further, visiting the site can clarify the state and
status of a road. Road names on published maps are sometimes wrong, lets
not propagate those errors !

Lets restrict mapping via imagery to those situations where survey is
not possible.

David