From: Warren [mailto:war...@specialtyfeeds.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 10 February 2017 10:52 AM
To: talk-au@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [talk-au] When is a Road a Track

I have asked this question before but did not really get a clear answer.

I am working off the Western Australian Main Roads data checking against the
OSM road attributes.  Occasionally I come across lines that are classed in OSM
as highway:unclassified or highway:residential that do not appear on the Main
Roads data base.

I would argue that these are named tracks rather than roads but I wanted to
check others opinion.

Do I leave them alone or change the classification to highway:track?