On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 14:33, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com
<mailto:andrew.harv...@gmail.com> > wrote:

In that particular example I don't think it's needed, since it's only an
entrance to the motorway (not an exit) and South Street probably doesn't need
these junction tags.

The tag is useful when exits are named or numbered to say there is a motorway
exit at this point which such and such name and ref, it's different to
destination sign.

eg. if you had an exit which was number 2 but exited to a road with ref 1, then
he destination_sign relation would be ref=1 but the highway=motorway_junction
would have ref=2. I've never seen numbered exits but they exist in other
countries, and maybe here too.

If I've understood properly, we've got a few of them around here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.0457042,153.3543885,3a,15y,133.24h,91.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skFYA0h_lsvqsWAualmVfFQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.1011105,153.403105,3a,15y,131.46h,91.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sm4vuA4WcyuCaeBf1mkamNQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.0085086,153.3437299,3a,15y,113.78h,91.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smpdDZK21i8RV9tOdn6Gl4g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@-27.9533827,153.343662,3a,24.7y,127.87h,102.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQ1cD8Na9AZrWjwcNdLAdxA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

So how should these be tagged?

Thanks

Graeme

Yes, that is what I thought highway=motorway_junction ought to be used for (but
not where the exit is not numbered in any way)

Ian