Yes that example from Graeme is exactly it.

It could help some routers with guidance, to know where exits are even
without an exit number or ref (eg. take the 2nd exit), though this should
could always be derived from the road network anyway, it just might make it
easier for some software. Again I think it's only worth adding to exits
from grade separated roads.