On 9/7/20 9:12 am, Andrew Hughes wrote:
Hi Again Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, very helpful. I'm trying not to elaborate too much on what we hope to one day achieve... more appropriate for a meet-up than mailing list.

I think I can conclude that aligning the two isn't a realistic expectation and even if we did partially achieve it, it will always sit in as a "race condition" with the edits of other users - possibly because the Govt geom is actually "less correct".

Too harsh to say "less correct", better "less resolution" or "less precision"? Sorry, metrological terms.

Matching algorithms could be a useful QA tool for us, but I'm very doubtful that they could be the gatekeeper/authority we require.

This will change our tactics and raise other questions... something I will take up on another thread.

Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated - look forward to speaking with you next!

Andrew Hughes

p.s. Apologies to Andrew Harvey... two Andrew H's in here and he was here first. Maybe I need to use an Alias :)