With their reasons for deletion:

"largely they are fragmented, and consist of riding on roads without any
dedicated infrastructure" - this is representative of routes across
Australia; many routes in Sydney are like this and area just sharrows,
however as they are still signposted they are mapped as routes.

"the signage has not been maintained, and maintenance is the responsibility
of the respective local government authority ... signage has been
maintained ad-hoc" - this may be the case however councils likely maintain
a list/map of routes (at least thats how it works in NSW). Signage is also
not always maintained properly in my experience.

"if you live in Perth, I seriously doubt you would have ever used these
routes for navigation, nor would you have ever purposefully ridden by the
route, instead of taking a more direct or safer route option as to on road
cycling." - they are still routes nonetheless, often times I find myself
following or deviating from a route at will however that does not change
the fact that they are routes and infrastructure is generally designed to
cater for these routes.

"The routes are circuitous" - see above

"The OSM information has not been maintained to reflect changes, and the
OSM application of the routes were not consistent" - in this case then
routes should be reviewed and updated where necessary, but I do not think
that outright deletion is warranted

Cheers,
Luke