The template includes a link to the talk page for the wiki page, which cannot be removed. The archives for that page are accessible via the link in the top right (Talk:Australian_Tagging_Guidelines/Archive_1).

I hope this helps. This section is definitely going to be the most disputed of the guideline subpages!

Dian

On 2022-05-16 11:37, fors...@ozonline.com.au wrote:

Hi Ian
I did not edit Bush Walking and Cycling Tracks
only Footpath Cycling

Bush Walking and Cycling Tracks
contains ... controversial information. See the talk page. This page has been archived as part of the Australian wiki cleanup
I wonder where that controversial material has gone?

Yes adding foot=yes to highway=path seems strange to me.

Tony

Tony,

I'm wondering about the usefulness of adding foot=yes to highway=path and
highway=track.

I have never done this because I thought it would be assumed that
pedestrians (and cyclists) can use paths and tracks ?

In WA, where people have (in my opinion) wrongly classified a path as a
footpath (and hence excluded bicycles), I have often changed it to a path,
but never tagged foot=yes and/or bicycle=yes.

Ian