Hi Graeme - this is exactly what I was thinking about in my question
earlier - make mapping part of the job. Also great to hear OSMAnd+ in
there (my choice of personal navigator for offline missions in both
Australia and Norway )

Also want to touch on a point Ewen made. I was at Taylors crossing
(Vic, on this patch:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-36.8418/147.6456) in the
2019/20 summer. No EMS is coming there - and comms are super flaky
between Benambra and Corryong - that whole region. A lot of common
ground with the linked talk. It makes a lot of sense to spend EMS time
mapping things that are relevant for offline use later - IMO far more
effective use of funding than infrastructure which then needs
protecting to support apps / services which may fail offline.

Relevant to this, I'm looking for the next career, I'd be super happy
to work on this stuff - and likely back in Au sometime in January 23.

Cheers

Adam