Thanks all for thoughts, including yours from over there, Steve!

It may be worth approaching "Fire & Rescue" in each State to ask them
directly?

A bit of feedback from another forum, says that in NSW the RFS still use a
lot of paper maps, although I of them thinks that officially a system
called Collector is in use, but he doesn't know t much about it?

He & another bloke from Vic RFS both use an "RFS Buddy" app, which gives
lat/long or grid coords, but doesn't include a map.

I've been adding some street numbers to a couple of rural roads that I know
(using a public source!) - would there be any advantage to including Lot &
Plan numbers? eg  154 FOREST HOME RD, RATHDOWNEY is Lot 10 of Plan
RP178426. If so, what would we add them as?

Thanks

Graeme

PS Good luck with your planned return & career change, Adam!