Trying to reply to an HTML message is going to be fun, but here goes...

On Tuesday 01 October 2013 23:00:33 André Pirard wrote:
> I agree with you that, in contrast with what OSM seems to want to do (on the
> wiki and on the tagging list), we cannot map everything down to the
> slightest detail.  And on the other hand, it is not mandatory do better
> than the many mistakes that exist in the law and administration. But we
> should not pretend to map traffic rules and do it plain wrong. If we tag
> bicycle=yes where it should be =no, the marvelous OSM routing programs will
> send bicycles there. In that case, we'd better tag nothing at all.

Do I want to tag bicycle=yes where cyclists aren't allowed then? I'm just
saying that access=destination will automatically create an exception in
Belgium for cyclists etc.

> Click here to open this map.  You see the route.  Select Goods,
> recalculate.  No change. Now select Heavy Goods, recalculate.  See?  It
> understood the hgv-only restriction. That program is even laughing at the
> road administration because the route is perfectly respectful of the signs
> but I know that what they want is preventing the HGVs to go down this road
> and through Esneux. Now, try doing this with Google Maps, try with
> ViaMichelin, anything else to try?

I'm wondering which sign there is on that road. Google street view doesn't
show anything there. But it's a bit weird that heavy goods vehicles are
blocked on such a road and then sent around smaller roads. Road works going on
there?

> C3
> No entry in both directions
>
> vehicle=no
> horse=no

And as I mentioned in my previous message: you're disregarding a lot of other
animals. You quoted it in your traffic code snippet, but you didn't add the
tags.

> Hence, C3 = "destination"
> applies to ("vehicle" plus "horse") minus ("bicycle" plus "horse")
>
> vehicle=destination
> delivery=yes

You just missed the definition of the "destination" access tag.

> emergency=yes

I have yet to find a road where emergency vehicles aren't allowed.

> bicycle=yes

> In consequence, I have modified our wiki as follows.

Great, now change it back the way it was. You don't do that without
discussion.

Greetings
Ben