On 2013-12-05 03:43, Glenn Plas wrote :
Exactly what I feared, that point in Muizen has probably never been of any importance,  in that sense the real historic centre of Muizen is the area at the new church (and old tower) , about 1Km to the northwest of the current coordinate used as centre.  Thats the reason I asked,  it is so way off anything important (ever) and the location is insignificant even now.  Muizen (was) a village that is divided by de Dijle and de Leuvense Steenweg.  Mechelen is currently consuming it at an evergrowing rate.
Oh, I see, that's another matter.
The problem with Dolembreux is that, according to OSM, the center of Province Liège is 3 km away from it.
That must be an error ;-)
In a village nearby, they had two centers!
Seriously, the town center is a debatable matter. Some will say the church, others the town hall, etc.
I prefer where activity takes place, where people love to go, where to invite tourists.
Think of "You have arrived at your destination."
But all that relates to a place center and has nothing to do with boundaries

Cheers,

André.