André, your example is the postal code of the centre of a village. I'm
talking about streets, especially streets at the border of the postal code
area, close to the postal code node of the next village.

The Germans have those postal code area's. it's also mentioned on the
Nominatim FAQ page [1]. So it is documented. Of course feel free to keep
adding them to all individual address nodes or street segments.

Wouldn't they laugh at us when we display the wrong postal_code at a SatNav
? :-)

regards

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/FAQ#postal_codes