I'm being paid to keep ArcelorMittal site in Zelzate up to date, I
actually receive detailed plans from AM to accomplish this.  Especially
all their emergency exist are very important to them.

So there is a legit business case for these type of tasks. But it is an
ongoing effort as from time to time, someone comes in and thinks I had
it all wrong and changes my industrial (crane) rails into man_made=rail
(whatever that last one is, it's not official).

It gets a bit frustrating at time to keep an eye on it but the customer
does pay.  It took me 1 phone call to receive their site plans.  That
area was 1 giant landuse=industrial with no details.  It was the biggest
visible gap in belgium from higher zoomlevels.   In fact the other site
of the canal is still like AM site was before I started this.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/51.1630/3.7928

Glenn